Manufacturing Technology Training Centre (MTTC) - A Profile.......
MTTC Project has been envisioned with prime objective to develop trained manpower for the internal requirement of LCL manufacturing facilities at Chaubepur & Panki. While designing the MTTC Project, need – assessment survey was done at various departments of both manufacturing facilities. Accordingly, the training courses have been designed in line with German dual VET model. It is expected that MTTC would start providing training from Oct,2017 and the first batch of trainees would be placed for on job training at LCL manufacturing facilities from Sep,2019.
Objectives of MTTC
- Generate skilled manpower to meet LCL manufacturing requirements.
- Organise Training programs for LCL workers & supervisors.
- Provide In house training to internal technical staff, new recruits of LCL in the areas of Machine Building.
Unique Features of MTTC
- Curriculum & Training methodology based on German Dual VET Model (70% Practical & 30% Theory).
- Industrial ambience & Hands-on exposure imparted to trainees which includes on the job training.
- Experienced Faculty & Trainers with relevant skill-sets.
- State of Art Infrastructure and Workshop for practical training.
- Residential facility for trainees within the Manufacturing Technology Training Centre Campus.
Specialized Training Courses Offered by MTTC
||Machine Assembly Technician (MAT)
||Metal Cutting Technician (MCT)
||Sheet Metal & Welding Technician(SWT)
Note: a) Admission for the above course will be based on Test cum personal interview of eligible students.
b) For the above all courses 2 years Training at MTTC and 1 year on the Job training at LCL.
Brief of Course Coverage –
Machine Assembly Technician (MAT)
- Complete assembly practice of machines & subassemblies
- Electrical wiring of machine panels & drives etc.
- Programming & Installation of HMI
- Erection, Installation, Commissioning, Testing & Trial of machines
- Repair & Maintenance of machines
Metal Cutting Technician (MCT)
- Machining operations & practices on:
A) Conventional metal cutting machine
B) CNC Machines- Programing & Operation
- Manufacturing & Assembling of Jig, Fixture, Tooling and Sub-assemblies.
- Quality check of component produce in machine shop.
Sheet Metal & Welding Technician(SWT)
- Welding Practice on various types of welding machines (Gas/ Arc /MIG/TIG etc.)
- Sheet Metal Shop Machine operation practice (Bending Machine, Shearing Machine, Power Press etc.)
- Quality check of various component produce in sheet metal & welding shop.
- Identification of faults & remedies for the components produce in sheet metal & welding shop.